ICED Conference 2019: We invite you to join the 3rd International Conference on Disability and Development
The Conference will take place at the International Centre for Evidence in Disability (ICED), London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, London, UK and will be co-hosted by ICED and Sightsavers, in partnership with CBM, Action for Disability and Development (ADD), and Help Age International, and supported by DFID.
The Conference seeks to bring together people with an interest in research and evidence from around the world to discuss and debate Evidence in Disability Inclusive Development.
The focus will be on new research findings, methodologies and tools and implications of evidence for policy and practice. All those with a strong interest in better collection of disability data and use of evidence in decision-making are very welcome to attend. This event is particularly relevant for researchers and policymakers. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to participate.
Participants will have the opportunity to attend keynote addresses from international experts, and contribute to panel discussions, training workshops and oral and poster presentations. Keynote speakers and full programme to be announced.
Topics for the conference will include:
- What evidence exists on “What Works” (and what does not) in disability-inclusive development
- Assessing needs and unmet needs for disability inclusive development
- Methodological approaches and issues in collecting data to inform disability-inclusive development
- How do we use evidence in order to inform disability-inclusive development?
£100 General admission tickets
£50* LMIC and UK research students. LMIC is defined by the DAC list and applicable to attendees who were born and reside permanently in LDC, LIC, or LMIC countries.
Event organisers reserve the right to obtain proof of identification and the right to charge the full registration fee.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the nature of our building, space for wheelchairs in the John Snow Lecture theatre is limited. If you require a wheelchair space please email email@example.com to check availability.
* Please note we may ask you to show passport or other proof of nationality on arrival if you book this ticket type to validate this.Back