CEDIL Inception Paper Launch Event
Date: Thursday, 25 January 2018
Time: 09:00 – 17:00 (GMT)
Venue: Friends House, 173-177 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BJ
The Centre of Excellence for Development Impact and Learning (CEDIL) is a DFID-supported consortium hosted at the London International Development Centre (LIDC), comprising: the LSHTM’s Centre for Evaluation, the EPPI-centre at UCL, EDePo at the Institute for Fiscal Studies, the International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) and the Campbell Collaboration.
CEDIL has an ambitious remit to contribute to the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through the innovative development and testing of evaluation methods. CEDIL will address gaps in the evidence base, especially in underserved areas; support the allocation of development resources; and contribute to the design of development programmes, based on evidence of what works, where, for whom and at what cost.
This interactive event will present the work of CEDIL’s partners, including the Centre for Evaluation, focussing on:
- Designing and implementing successful impact evaluations
- Stakeholder engagement for improved use of research findings by programme managers, policy makers and practitioners
- Making systematic reviews timelier
- Using new and innovative data and measures in impact evaluations
- Using real-time data for programme improvement
- Employing structural modelling techniques to address the key issues of using and extrapolating the results of policy evaluations
- Techniques for ensuring generalisability and transferability of evaluation findings
- Utilising methods from other disciplines to conduct better evaluations
- Employing qualitative methods to complement quantitative impact evaluations
- Using causal chain analysis to strengthen evidence synthesis
Register for the inception launch here. A detailed agenda will be circulated shortly. Please forward this to colleagues who you think may be interested in attending. If you would like to find out more about the work of CEDIL, sign-up to their mailing list here.